Thursday, January 31, 2013

Let. It. Go.

I'm a control freak.  I'll freely admit it.  Some of my earliest memories are of my with my hands on my hips, bossing Holly or Glenn or Brandon around (or trying to, anyway.) I've always thought that I get it from my Dad and my Grand-dad, who are super-organized and super-OCD...

The trouble is, a lot of times I feel OUT of control.  Overwhelmed. Trying to do to much at once.  I'm betting you do, too.  And trying to control other people, or things that I'm not meant to control, just leaves me exhausted.  Frustrated. A lot of times, other people get mad at me... feelings get hurt.  I end up being the loser, which then just starts a cycle... of trying to be more in control.

Wallace has often told me, "You don't have to be in control of everything."  And he's right, but I still try. I've gotten better, but there's always room for improvement.

Sunday, on the Melissa Taylor Online Bible Study page, we'll be starting Karen Ehman's book Let. It. Go.  I've started reading, because for the first time I'll be leading a small study group on Facebook.  I'm a little nervous, but excited, too.  If you've never done an online Bible Study, join us at www.melissataylor.org. All you have to have is the book (can be purchased for Kindle as well), a Bible, and a journal.  There's a wait list for the facebook groups, but you can access the study on the blog, which is the primary site.  Over 8000 women strong =)

One of my goals for 2013 is to grow as an individual. I'm thinking that learning how to control my control issues is a good place to start... and His grace is sufficient to help me do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment