Wednesday, October 1, 2014

31 Days of Whatsoever

I don't like the word whatever.

I LOVED it as a teenager... you know, thrown out in that snotty voice with the infamous eyeroll.

But as a Mama of a pre-teen going on twenty, I really don't like it. It makes me cringe... and reminds me that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Because even as an adult, I have some pretty stinkin' thinkin' sometimes.

That's why I'm so excited to participate in the 31 Day Writing challenge, where I'll be writing for 31 days on one topic.  Consistently. Every day in October.

I'm kind of sick to my stomach because we all know how disciplined I am.  (Not.  At.  All.)

Anyway, they say that it takes 30 days to create a habit (Who is they?  I don't know... but that's what they say).  I need a new habit.

The Bible tells us not to conform to this world (which has some pretty stinkin' thinkin', too) but be transformed through the renewing of your mind.

Out with the old... in with the new... even if it is in October.

Renewing my mind by focusing on the "whatevers".  Whatever is true.  Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is pure. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable.


Even though this sits on my desk right in front of my desk, I don't practice it...

But this month, I'm going to start. 

And I'll hope you'll join me.  I'll be breaking down the meaning of Philippians 4:8, and applying it to what I see in my everyday life. 

Clearing out that stinkin' thinkin' and replacing it with God's Whatsoevers.  Hoping you'll join me!

For other posts in this series:
Day 2: October 2- Thinking...
Day 3: October 3- We're Not Alone
Day 4: Whatever to Whatsoever
Day 5: Love is True
Day 6: Spilt Espresso- Honestly no Problem
Day 7: Just Like Joseph
Day 8: Isn't She Lovely?
Day 9: Think on the Eternal
Day 10: Pure as Snow
Day 11: Good News
Day 12: If there Be...
Day 13: Monday Musings
Day 14: Just Not Feelin' It
Day 15: Virtue
Day 16: Philippians 4:8 in Action
Day 17:What I Know is True: Senior Addition
Day 18: Fill 'er Up
Day 19: Praise to the Lord
Day 20: Praise God from Whom All Blessings flow
Day 21: Be Someone's Sunshine
Day 22: Insanity
Day 23: Great is the Lord...
Day 24: I'm That Mama
Day 25: There are No Words
Day 26: Sunday thinking
Day 27: Take it Captive
Day 28:I Reckon
Day 29: Think on the Light
Day 30: Think On Jesus
Day 31: The End???

And if you'd like to see what other writers are writing about in their 31 day challenge,
#write31days

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am reading your words nodding along, this verse has had a huge impact in my life over the last few years, can't wait to read your posts about it. Thanks for commenting on my blog, so glad I found yours. I actually have a blog post planned talking about this verse, I will be sure to put a link to your 31 day series. God Bless!

    ReplyDelete