Friday, January 11, 2013

Laughter is Good...


This is mostly just rambling, so excuse me, please. 

Today I had lunch with two of my favorite people in the world.  I have lots of favorite people, but these two have consistently ranked up there for the past few years.  One of them shares a brain with me. The other has served as a mentor since I started at the college, really since I was in nursing school.

Jenna and I get to see each other fairly regularly as we make the trek across the Commonwealth to WKU every month, but I don't think I've seen Shirley in six months.  Over Applebees, we talked about our kids and work and life in general... and it was just good to listen to her talk.  She's the kind of person that makes you better just by being in the same room with her. 

Laughter really is good for the soul, and I am blessed to be surrounded with good friends.  Following lunch, I attended a faculty council meeting and then headed home to go to a ballgame in Lee County with some more of my favorite people.  Our girls fought hard, coming back from a 17 point deficit to win by 12.  Needless to say, the bus ride home was lighthearted.  I'm so blessed to have a "family" of girls and their parents.  We have a good time, most of the time =)

So, tonight, I'm laying my head on the pillow a blessed girl.  Ballgame tomorrow, then a concert with my best boy. Church Sunday, and rest.  And then Monday, the real fun begins.  Be blessed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment