Tuesday, January 26, 2016

The Purpose of Love

Purpose.

My focus for 2016.

Praying for it...

when I think about praying. (Which is a whole 'nother blog post).

So tonight, as I was thinking about what I'm "meant" to do, thinking about the shield of faith that I so rarely pick up (just being honest... I bet those shields were heavy in old days. And a faith shield sometimes seems too heavy for me, too.  Even though I want to faithful...)

I found myself writing this. "Sometimes you overcomplicate things."

Yes. I overcomplicate and overanalyze.

Maybe my one purpose isn't some big grand pie in the sky thing... even though I sincerely believe God wants us to dream big.

Maybe I'll only fulfill my purpose when I STOP wondering just what my purpose is and START doing what God tells me to do...

Love Him.  With everything.

And with the nothing that I have left over, except what He spills out from me... love others.

Follow Micah 6:8 "He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?"

And then, as I was pondering love and mercy and how to be a better person, a friend posted this picture on Facebook... a screenshot of something I had posted a while back.


Yes, my "purpose" may still be unclear to me...

But I know the only thing that really matters is love.





No comments:

Post a Comment