Monday, January 25, 2016

One Heck of a Day

Today I...

woke up extra early.

Went back to bed and slept a little late.

Chatted with my Grandma about her teaching school and her living in Michigan and her sisters and being married for almost 64 years.

Had Melody stare at me until I had to hold her for 15 minutes because as long as I talked to her she smiled but when I stopped she cried.

Got kisses from Melody.

Almost taught Melody how to play patty-cake.

At gravy and biscuits at my Mama's and did her dishes.

Gave Melody rasberries on her tummy.

Listened to Melody laugh when Caleb tried to open the trash bag. He waved it in the air, it made a noise, she laughed... so he had to repeat it a few times.

Shoveled snow off my car until I thought I would have a heart attack and then thanked the good Lord for sending Papaw William to finish the job.

Prayed that Kentucky wouldn't go into overtime with Tennessee because I had promised myself I was walking on the treadmill until the game was over.

Cried a little because sometimes situations are not in our control.

Thought about my week ahead and planned out my to do list.

"If you laugh, you think and you cry, that’s a full day. That’s a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you’re going to have something special."- Jimmy V

So, I've had a heck of a day. Praying for a good day tomorrow as we have our first clinical day of the semester!


No comments:

Post a Comment