Monday, January 4, 2016

Happiness Is...

It's Monday and the first day back after Christmas break, and I'm tired.

And when I get tired, I get grumpy.

And negative.

You, too, perhaps???

So I thought I'd share some things that make me happy.

1. Purple ink pens- I love them. I love writing with them. They remind me of royalty and as Beth Moore taught me in The Inheritance, I am a Princess of the Most High God. My in-laws gave me a Walmart gift card for Christmas and I was elated because it meant I could buy several packs of ink pens without feeling guilty. It's the little things, people.

2. Entenmann's Little Bites Party Cakes- these are mini-muffin that taste like confetti cake. Probably not the best thing for me to be snacking on just before midnight, but they are soooo good.

3. College basketball. Or high school basketball. Or any kind of basketball. But tonight...
Kansas and Oklahoma are in a triple overtime duel right now... and it got me through 2.3 miles of the treadmill that I really didn't want to do.

4. ESPN- because I'm on the go and need their app to keep me abreast of ballgames, especially in crucial situations like last night when the Steelers were on the cusp of the playoffs. And also for times when the hubby is asleep and I need to be quiet so I can't turn the game on in the bedroom, but I really have to know who wins because I got emotionally involved in the game when I was walking on the treadmill...

5. My family. No explanation needed here.

Short and sweet and to the point...

Now good night, y'all. Cause tomorrow is the Tuesday after Christmas break and I'll have more fires to fight getting ready for classes in ONE WEEK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment