Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Just Call Me Bear...

In meetings, I always struggle with those icebreaker questions.


You know... what kind of fruit would you be?


If you were a color, would you be red or blue?


What kind of animal would you choose to be?


Last night I decided,  though.


If I could be an animal, I would be a bear.


Y'all, it is cold here in Kentucky. It was 16 degrees when I started my car up. It was so cold that even with my automatic starter and the heat turned on high, there was still snow/frost on my windshield.


I know I sound a little whiny.


I know it's nothing compared to negative temperatures like they experience in the Dakotas. Or Wisconsin.


(That is where they experience negative temperatures, right? I'll admit I've  never traveled to North or South Dakota, so I have no idea what the temperatures are like. I'm just going by my memory of the TV show Fargo... wasn't that a TV show? Because I am sometimes guilty of making things up in my mind and not knowing if they are the truth or not. And also, Green Bay fans always look cold when they are playing in January...)


But, anyway, I don't like the cold. I don't like snow, except on Christmas, and also on days when we have snow days, but that's only because I can snuggle under my electric blanket with a  good book and pretend like I have nothing to do because I live in a snow globe.


So, as I covered up under my electric blanket and thought about the probability that my boys would not have school the next day, I came up with my bear theory. And y'all, it makes perfect sense. Bears get to eat whatever they want to store up body fat...


so they can sleep all winter.


No trekking through the snow for them. No worrying about not being able to button their pants or having to go start a car.


Nope, they eat and then they sleep until the temperature is warm.


Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment