Monday, January 26, 2015

A Favorite Verse

I was challenged by my best childhood friend to share my favorite verse on Facebook.  I've not met the challenge yet, because I'm debating about which verse I want to share.

It really depends on the situation which verse speaks to me the most.  My lifeverse is Jeremiah 29:11, For I know the plans I have for you, sayeth the Lord, plans for a hope and a future. That's my paraphrase.  I love the part about plans, because He's got it all figured out.  I have hope and I have a future, and even if it isn't what I think it should be in this life, it will definitely be awesome in the next.

I love all of Romans 8.  When I think of no condemnation, and that I can never be separated from His love, and that He is working all things to His good... well, I just want to cry. Because I deserve condemnation. So often I am so petty and mean-spirited and impatient. I don't turn the other cheek and I don't keep my mouth shut and I don't always reflect Him... but He loves me anyway.

So many of the Psalms speak to me... when Wallace was in Texas I clung to Psalm 46 and Psalm 62. Knowing that He was God... and He was my rock... well, I needed that.

So it's hard to pick just one verse... but I will, and I'll share it on facebook.  I just know that when I need a Word, His Word is where to go.

And it's living and active and He knows what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment