Monday, July 30, 2012

The End of Summer

Today has been a Monday all day long... busy, busy, busy!  Started my day at 730 AM, got home at 815 PM.  Walked for 45 minutes. I have 115 unread emails in my mailbox.  Many of them have things that I need to do.  And did I mention that my contract says I start back to work on August 1?  And Caleb is starting back to school?  And that I officially start the doctoral program at WKU on that same day? And that my sister is getting married on August 4th? 

Syllabus... lecture notes with new books... coursework for school... my list could go on and on.  I'm sure you're the same way.  The summer heat lures us into ambivalence...even though I worked almost full time this summer, I still soaked in the laziness.  So tonight, my mind is racing...

And I am telling it to stop.  Maybe you need to do the same.  Because regardless of how bad we want to change it, we only have 24 hours in a day.  We're not supposed to do everything.  We are only supposed to do God's thing.  So even though I'm creating my to do list in my head for tomorrow as I type, I'm not going to write it down until tomorrow morning... because once I make it official, I'll start planning in my head how I'm going to get it all accomplished and then the next thing I know I'm up all night contemplating.  That being said, I'm signing off here right now... because it's been a Monday too long and I don't even want to think about tomorrow.  Or the next day. 

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."- Matthew 6:34

No comments:

Post a Comment