Monday, July 23, 2012

Psalm 25

A few weeks ago Beth Moore wrote about women struggling on her blog. She encouraged others to join her and a friend in memorizing Psalm 25.  I was working on Psalm 119:129-135 at the time, so I'm actually just now getting started. 

Sometimes I do pretty good on memorizing scripture.  I can usually remember at least a couple of words of the verse.  It's just like anything else, practice makes perfect. The more I read, the more I can remember.  The more I remember, the more I live it. 

I've read many different suggestions on how to help you memorize.  I'm one of those learners that has to write things over and over.  One suggestion I read on another blog involves note cards I think it was Heather Bleier at Revolt... but I'm just not sure). I've been writing the verses I'm wanting to remember on a notecard, and sticking it in my planner (if you know me, you know I don't go far without my planner!)  Then, throughout the day, I pull the card out and read over it.  I've been circling key words and looking them up on dictionary.com, and then writing any of my thoughts about the verse on the back.  It's a great way to really get the verse in my head ALL day long =)

So, Psalm 25... What gets me about God's Word is that something simple can be so profound. My verse today, Psalm 25:1.... "In you, Lord my God, I put my trust."  In the NLT, "O Lord, I give my life to you."

One sentence, few words, but worth everything.  It's all Yours, God... and I'm not even going to worry about it anymore.  Amen and amen =)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I love the NLT translation of that first verse! I read that blog post from Beth Moore, too. Really powerful encouragement to be lifting women up at all our stages of life.

    ReplyDelete