Monday, May 7, 2012

Summer To Do List

Summer is so close I can taste it.  Meetings the next day, where we'll work on stuff for the fall semester, and then working in my office for only four more days.  Summer...

I'm a big to do list person.  I love to plan... much more than I love to actually do.  Today, I was writing out my to do list and I started smothering down... not because I have so much to do, but because I don't.  I love the verse "Be Still and know I am God..." but I still haven't figured out how to do that, so I panic if I don't have something to do.  Now I'm not saying this summer will be boring.  I have over 100 books on my Kindle to read, I'm taking a class at Western (biostats, no less), and my house needs a good top to bottom scrubdown cleaning (which I am thoroughly dreading).  But my to do list also includes... sleeping late.  Movies with Caleb.  Walks and Zumba.  Lounging by the pool.  Getting in some sister time with Kami and Holly.  Listening to Wallace talk about running.  Maybe taking a ride in the Vette if we can sneak off.  The beach and Green River Lake with my Griffith family.  Rocking on Mamaw Bert's porch and spending time with Grandma Na.  Reading my Bible and soaking it in.  Naps. 

Summer break... hurry and get here.  Looks like I've got a lot to do, and I'm ready to tackle that to do list =)

No comments:

Post a Comment