Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Forever

This morning I woke up with Chris Tomlin's song Forever on my mind.  "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever."- Psalm 118:1. 

Give thanks... for He is good.  Even when things aren't going your way.  Even when you don't understand what you are facing.  Even when all things seem lost.  He's still good.  He can be no other way BUT good. 

His love endures... endures, holds on, is steadfast.  Won't let go.  Even when you deserve it. Even when  you can't feel it.  Even when you don't want it.  His love endures.  Forever.

This is one of my favorite verses, because sometimes it's good to think about His love.  I can endure, hang on, keep on keeping on, because His love endures forever.  This phrase appears numerous times throughout Psalms... because maybe King David knew about enduring love. 

My favorite line of the Forever song is "by the grace of God we will carry on."  Amen and amen.  We will carry on... because His love endures forever.  Hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this! The repetition of that phrase, "His love endures forever" is so powerful. I needed that reminder today!!

    ReplyDelete