Friday, May 4, 2012

Finals Week

I don't have much to say tonight.  It's been a busy week, and a long day.  Went into work early and cleaned on my office some.  You can actually see carpet now!  Then, had final exams.  I hate final exam week.  Everyone is so stressed and scared.  I hate the whole emotional roller coaster.  Contrary to what some people may believe, I really do love my students, and I want them to be successful.  Not everyone can be, though, and that is the part I hate.

At the end of the day, I'm sad to see this group go.  They've been a good group.  Pretty much, all of the students that I've had have been good.  Oh, there's some students who are better than others, simply because of personalities and mannerisms, but at the end of the semester, they all deserve a standing ovation.  Even those who have been unsuccessful... because they have fought.  Nursing school is no piece of cake.  And a lot of these students have families, jobs, responsibilities... So tonight I'm saluting you, nursing students.  Thanks for letting me be a part of your life.  Thanks for letting me get to know you and learn about your families and your responsibilities, your hopes, dreams, and fears.  Reach for the stars... and keep on keeping on.  It'll be worth it.

I'm blessed to have a job that I love.  Just to think that I have a small part in shaping the future of nursing is humbling... but I think I'm ready for summer vacation =) Only two more weeks of meetings and filing and cleaning up my office.  I can do it... I can =)

No comments:

Post a Comment