Friday, May 11, 2012

Living on a Rooftop

Last night Wallace and I had words.  We do that sometimes, not as much as we used to, and usually when one or both of us are superbusy and running around like chickens with our heads cut off, which seems to be almost all the time.  I  knew he was tired, knew he hadn't been getting much sleep, but my feelings got hurt and then I let him know about it. 

Funny that when I read in my Bible, one of the verses was, "Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife."- Proverbs 25:24.  This isn't the only time this concept is discussed.  In Proverbs, it's listed a couple more times, followed by the Proverbs 31 woman, who is known for her virtue.

Also funny how it never says anything about a quarrelsome man.  I got to thinking about that on my long walk I took last night (I walked until I wasn't mad anymore, so it was a pretty good walk...) See, when Wallace and I fight, I like to scream.  I like to talk things out, even when maybe everything has been talked to death.  I think as a woman, I like to get into the "why's" and the feelings involved.  Wallace says his peace and is done.  No arguing, no pleading, no yelling.  Just finished.  Ready to laugh it off or lay his head down on the pillow with a clean conscience.  I think that's how most guys are... so maybe that's why it talks about a woman, because the woman is usually (and I'm saying usually in my case.  It may not be the same in yours) the one that keeps it going.  What's that old saying- Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned?  Women tend to hold grudges, and bring up stuff and keep it brewing, over and over again.

I'm happy to say we've had a delighful evening tonight.  Might it have to do with me NOT quarreling?  I'm really trying not to complain.  Wallace is far from perfect, but so am I.  Yes, he gets on my nerves sometimes, but I get on his, too.  Maybe the happy medium is just to smile and shake my head when he irritates me, and keep on loving.  I certainly don't want him having to live on our rooftop... it's a slippery slope, and I'd hate to see him break his neck.  Been there, done that, and trust me, it was no fun =)

No comments:

Post a Comment