Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Mama's Nest

I'm lying in the bathtub, bubbles up to my chin when I hear it.  Faintly, because I'm on the other side of the house, but it's the song I've been humming since Bible School this night.  "Anything... is possible.  Anything... is possible.  We will fly.  We will soar.  Nothing is impossible..."

Oh, such sweet words to a Mama's ears.  A tired Mama who so doesn't know what she's doing so much of the time.  That boy who can be wild, willful, stubborn... anything is possible, God.

Those things that make me so mad at him... through You, they can be strengths.  "I have a question?" Oh, he's just curious, and wants to learn new things.  He's intelligent and seeking out learning... that's a strength, not a weakness. Talking?  and not listening... well, maybe not the not listening, except when he may not listen when people tell him he can't.  Or he's not good enough.  Yes, even that is possible, that You can use it for a strength.  Never meeting a stranger and being the best hugger around?  Yes, definitely... he is an encourager.

Lord, forgive me for being so impatient and for always quarreling.  He's just a kid, even if his nine year old body makes him look 13.  He loves you, is tenderhearted and sensitive.  Sassy, yes, but also sweet.  So much to learn... but I know that You're working on him. 

Nothing is impossible, Lord.  Even Mamas who don't know what their doing can make kids who somehow figure it out... who grow up to be what You want them to be and to do great things for Your kingdom.  Maybe the most willful, the most stubborn, the most creative and unique... maybe, just maybe, those are the ones You've got the biggest job for.  Thank You for trusing me with this wild and wonderful job of motherhood.

And someday, I will release him, out of this Mama's nest.  I have confidence that he will fly, he will soar... "Those that wait on (trust in) the Lord will have new strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."- Isaiah 40:31. 

No comments:

Post a Comment