Saturday, March 31, 2012

March Madness

I am as big of a basketball fan as anyone else, and I understand what  a huge game UK vs. UL in the Final Four was.  I looked forward to the game all day, and am currently enthralled with the Ohio State vs. Kansas game, as this is who Ky will have to play in the National Championship.  I've laughed at Caleb's posts to his Uncle Mike Clemons throughout the day, some friendly poking at a U of L fan.  But...

It's just a game, folks. Celebration is called for, yes, and I'm just as happy as anyone... but really?  Rioting in the streets?  and what is up with the couch burning?  I guarantee those college kids didn't pay to buy those couches.  I just don't understand, which may mean that I'm getting old, and that's not a bad thing. 

I'm proud of this Kentucky team, but we as fans haven't expected anything less.  A group of teenage boys have held a state in awe... and yes, they are just boys.  Many can't make their own decisions, or the decisions they make aren't logical.  We watch the game and get upset when they miss baskets and miss rebounds and commit fouls... but they're just babies, really. 

So I'll be watching on Monday night, cheering on my Cats.  I do love Kentucky basketball, and I love the passion of Kentucky fans, I just wish sometimes maybe we weren't quite as overzealous.  And if that makes me a fair weather fan, so be it.  I'm still of that old school where sportsmanship is important... or maybe I've just grown up.  With that being said, go Big Blue Nation. C-A-T-S, Cats, Cats, Cats... Looking forward to #8!

No comments:

Post a Comment