Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Let Patience Have Its Perfect Work

I'm not patient.  Far from it.  I've gotten so accustomed to the hurry up, run run run, instantaneous life that we all live that I find it very hard to wait for things.  With cell phones and internet, we no longer have to wait for much... its at the tips of our fingers.  Time is money, and sadly, for a couple of years that is exactly how I felt.  I was a wife, a Mom, a college professor taking full time classes toward my Masters degree while working part-time as a nurse every other weekend.  I didn't have much free time.  So when people got on my nerves, or took up time complaining or just messed up the schedule I had made for myself, I got perturbed.

Today, I found myself falling back in that trap.  Wallace quickly reminded me... "Remember, everyone's going through something.  Be patient."  And so tonight, as I sit here thinking about this day that God has given me, and realizing that often I waste my own time, maybe I do need to let patience work. Maybe grace extended to others is really grace extended to me.  Today, for example, I let myself lie on the trampoline and be warmed by a bright, buttery yellow sun. I read for a while and then closed my eyes and took a nap. There's nothing like sleeping in the sun to make a girl feel rested.  And then, the real world hit and it's not just about me, as much as I would like it to be.  It's about those around me and their needs and their wants and grace... grace given to me, God being patient with me, means that I should be patient, too...

So Lord, I'm asking for Your help on this one, cause it's not something I can do myself.  But that's where You shine, because in my weakness, You are strong. Thank You, Lord =)

No comments:

Post a Comment