Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Only Tuesday

I had clinical today, which usually keeps me oriented on what day of the week it is.  I had late night meetings yesterday (didn't get home until about 845), so I don't know if that's what threw me off track or what, but most of the day I thought today was Wednesday.

It's disappointing when you think you're one day closer to the weekend than you really are.  I've always heard not to wish my life away, but then there is that song "Everybody's working for the Weekend."  As a floor nurse, I didn't really subscribe to that belief, since I worked at least every other weekend, but since I've started this teaching job I'll admit that weekends and summers off are one of the best perks, and I truly do live for the weekend.  Not that I don't love my job and my students... I do.  I'm just lazy, and not ashamed to admit it.

So even though I am disappointed that I've got one extra day to go, it's a gift.  Life is a gift.  Every moment is precious because we aren't promised the next. So tonight, I'm going to face tomorrow the best way I know how... by heading to bed early and reading until my eyes fall together.  Back at it tomorrow with hopes to be productive and accomplish lots.  And what I don't get accomplished, well, God has it ready for another day.  He's known it was Tuesday all day long, and knows what every Tuesday in my future holds...

No comments:

Post a Comment