Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Right

Today my three things to be thankful for were something salty, something sweet, and something just right.  For something just right, I wrote down cinnamon rolls warm from the oven.  My something salty and sweet were white chocolate covered pretzels.  Since I cheated, and put two as one, here's some more things rolling around in my head and heart tonight. These are "just right"...

Sunshine, warm and bright, and blue skies without a cloud in sight.  Rain clouds rolling in and the sound of thunder, with just a few sprinkles to cool it off (cooling it off... and it is only spring).  Green trees budding and birds chirping and a squirrel darting across the gravel as the gravel crunches underneath my feet.  My muscles aching because I've decided to get my butt moving again.  Silence as I waken late, and the rustle of my Bible pages as I read in Hebrews.  Hannah's mother heart in 1 Samuel.  Time with Mom and Kami, and laughter from Caleb.  Sitting next to my Dad in church, hearing him laugh during the lesson and "Amen" during the more serious parts.  Wallace twirling, twirling my hair, even though more than likely it will be tangled in the morning.  Friendships that span the test of time and miles.  The hope and excitement of my future. 

Thankful that I've been given another day... "This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it."

No comments:

Post a Comment