Thursday, March 22, 2012

When You Know You Shouldn't

Here I sit, almost midnight, no sign of going to sleep.  Granted, it's Thursday, and its my online office hours, where I stay online on Instant Messenger so my students can contact me with any questions.  Yet last night I did the same thing.  At the beginning of the year, I resolved to get more sleep, and I'm still sitting up half the night.  I'm a night owl by nature, though, and have been able to sleep in a little in the mornings since I don't go into work until later.  Tomorrow, though, I have to be in Hazard for an early morning meeting, so I know I won't get my full 8 hours of sleep.

We make choices every day. Some good, some bad.  Last night, I chose to stay up until 130 reading.  I was tired and sleepy all day today.  However, it was my choice to do that.  The moral of this little story is this: when you know you shouldn't do something, but do it anyway, don't complain about the consequences.  In a way, you asked for it.  You made your bed, now lay in it.  and that's what I'll do, lay in my bed, staying on this computer and probably stay up to see who wins the Marquette//Florida game.  There's big money on these brackets, you know... and I guess I can't complain if I lose, either, because they were all  my choices =)

No comments:

Post a Comment