Thursday, January 26, 2012

Commit Your Plans

It's after 12 midnight and I am waiting on an audio file to upload to Itunes U so I can create another audio lecture. My notebook is due Monday and I have to put together an exam by Monday, too. I checked off 15 students on IVs today, 15 of them walking through the same exact procedure. Lecture notes to do. Forms to complete. Discussion boards to grade.

Seems like God is telling me over and over again the same thing... I loved this from Jesus Calling today: "Bring me the sacrifice of your time, and watch to see how abundantly I bless you and your loved ones...Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting me set the pace." The sacrifice of your time... but it really isn't my time. He's the one who has numbered my days. Sacrifice, yes... I've got so many other things to do. So much that needs my attention. And of course I need sleep. But His Word called to me today. As I got up, with all that stuff going round and round in my head, I picked up my Bible and read in Exodus about the Israelites. I found myself thinking of all of my modern conveniences... things like the Internet and my cell phone and my Kindle (although I really do love my Kindle...). Things that in my hurry up pace only make me feel more smothered. (Except the KIndle... grin). Let God set the pace. Don't rush through reading His Word. Meditate. How much time did I take today to say, "Thank You, God?" Did I even say it? Surely I thought it...

So I'll be up a little longer and then I'll crash into bed and get up in the morning to do the same thing. Lord, help me focus on YOu. Help me put You first. Help set my pace, so I can have Your peace. And in that peace, I'll get so much more accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment