Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Be Still...

I have trouble being still. Well, maybe not that much trouble, as I can sit pretty still to read a book, and have no trouble lying still to sleep. As I've been reading different devotions, though, I realize that the kind of still that the Psalmist talks about isn't exactly my forte.

"Be still and know I am God."- Psalm 46:10. "The Lord will fight for you,you only have to be still." Exodus 14:14.

Still. As in not moving. As in not jumping to conclusions. Not making hasty decisions and flying off the handle. Be still... because He is still God. He's the same God that created the Universe just by speaking. The same God who parted the Red Sea. The same God that comforted David, who was with Daniel in the Lions Den, and most importantly, the same God that gave His Son to die for our sins, then brought Him back to life so that we may have victory.

It's not always up to me. Sure, I love a plan just as much as the next person. In fact, I'm a little obsessive about it. However, if I could just figure out how to be still and let God... be God, how much easier would it be for me?

Be still... breathe in and out. Deep breaths. Focus on who He is. Let Him be God... and let me just be me. Just me, in my brokeness, in my mess. Because He is still God, and His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment