Monday, October 1, 2018

My Tale that is Told... #Write31Days

"...we spend our years as a tale that is told."- Psalm 90:9

I have always loved reading.

Words on a page, forming a story that allows me to escape reality for a few minutes... or helps me to expand on reality and think about how I can make my reality better.

Doesn't really matter what kind of story. Doesn't matter what the setting, or the time period.

I just love stories.

The greatest storybook of all times is a true story- The Bible.

It's full of adventure and love and action.

Full of infallible men and women... men and women that did mighty things for God.

Despite their weaknesses.

As I looked back over the past few months and looked ahead to this writing challenge, one month about one topic...

I was intimidated, because I don't feel like I know enough about anything interesting enough to write consistently for a month.

And then I stumbled upon Five Minute Fridays, a website I have frequented often over the past few years when I needed inspiration.

This month, they are focusing on the story...

of each individual writer.

Again, this is intimidating, because who am I to think that my story could be inspirational?

And then I thought of the Psalmist, who asked, "Who am I?"

Who am I, Lord?

This month, I'll be  using this space and prompts from Five Minute Friday to explore that. It's really an exercise for me, this figuring out of my tale that is being told...

but if you're visiting, welcome. I'd be happy to hear about your story, too. Please share in the comments. Let's use our stories for His glory!

Day 1- My Tale
Day 2- What Am I Afraid of?
Day 3- What's Worth Believing?
Day 4- I May Not Know Why
Day 5- SharYour Story
Day 6-Where You Belong
Day 7-The Name of Hope
Day 8-Yoga Pants and Heaven
Day 9-Inspire
Day 10-I don't know How but I know Who
Day 11-The Revolving Door
Day 12 The Doxology of Praise
Day 13Too Much Talk
Day 14It's Ok to Ask
Day 15In the When
Day 16Pray It Out
Day 17In the Pause
Day 18Search Me
Day 19 Grace, please... no writing today
Day 20Audience of One
Day 21Starting Again
Day 22Help!
Day 23Common To Man
Day 24Life Is Brief
Day 25 Grace, please... no writing today
Day 26 This Present Moment


No comments:

Post a Comment