Monday, October 15, 2018

In the When

It's funny, these stories of ours.

How our lives can change in a minute.

How so often we can be seen as a victim of circumstance, if you believe in that...

Or if you believe in destiny or in God's will.

We like to think we are in control, but there are so few things which we actually control.

For example, my life would be different if I had been born 50 years earlier... or 50 years later.

Our lives are framed by the times in which we are raised.

Journalists are often encouraged to ask questions... who? What? Where? How? Why?

When?

We ask when a lot, too, as we wait for things to happen.

When is it going to be my turn, Lord?
When will I get my heart's desire?
When will I find peace?
When will I understand?

And the answer isn't always clear.

When can seem like a long time...

Endless, especially if you are in the wait.

The glorious thing that we have to realize, though, is that our story is never over as long as when is important. As long as we are drawing breath, our story is still being written. We are being made into God's image, being perfected, here in the when...

And there is coming a time when our story will be perfected, when the last I will be dotted and the last t crossed.

The when won't be as important, because it won't have an end.

"When we've been there, 10,000 years, bright shining as the sun... we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we've first begun."

Writing today on the free prompt from Five Minute Friday provided for write31days. Today's prompt is when.

No comments:

Post a Comment