Monday, October 8, 2018

Yoga Pants and Heaven- It's All About Comfort

Comfort...

We all love it. Being comfortable is an innate human desire...

but what's that quote? Life begins outside of your comfort zone.

How true that can be.

If you know anything about me at all you know I don't like change. I don't like stepping out of my space.

I like comfort, and not just in the form of the yoga pants and tee-shirts I wear all summer or the fuzzy blanket I like to nap under on Sunday afternoons.

I'm talking about feeling safe, protected, sure of myself in whatever situation I am in.

I don't like not knowing what I'm doing.

I fear what other people will say about me.

I wish part of my story could be about being brave, but I'll be the first to admit that I'm not.

However, I'm slowly realizing that when I'm not comfortable, God is working.

When I'm most afraid and unsure, He is there, settling.

I'm starting to learn that life on the edge isn't always so bad, because He is my safety net.

That doesn't mean that I don't spend the majority of the time inching toward the edge, shaking at the knees... but I think He honors every little step.

And y'all. We've got all of eternity to be comfortable.

I'm pretty sure Heaven won't be full of yoga pants and fuzzy blankets, but there'll be no pain or sorrow...

And even introverts like me will like people.

Don't get too comfortable down here... because it's only temporary. 

Thank goodness!

This has been part of a series for #write31days using Five Minute Friday free writes- today's prompt is comfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment