Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Inspire

Sometimes, a lot of the time, actually, living this story we are writing is hard.

We face difficulties. Dark days. Days when things don't make sense.

Too often we go from one thing to another, and then another, and another...

mediocre at best. Living through the mundane. As one writer said, giving into the tyranny of the urgent instead of making time for what is most important.

Because urgent isn't emergent...

And some things have to be taken care of first and foremost. Just like a person who has a trauma can die if they are allowed to hemorrhage, if we allow our soul to hemorrhage, to empty without refilling, we too, will die. Maybe not physically, but definitely emotionally.

And as we go through this mundane, it is easy to keep our eyes in front of us. It's easy to get accustomed to the scenery around us and not even see the spectacular.

In this story we are writing, we have to learn to look up... to find something to inspire.

Just tonight I looked up at they sky around sunset. The sun was peeking through the clouds, sunbeams from Heaven. There are no words that can describe it adequately, but I felt my soul smile.

We can find inspiration in lots of places. I find it often in my students who struggle to achieve their dream. I find inspiration in the ocean, in the mountains when I hike, when I see an older couple holding hands, when I hear an uplifting song.

Inspiration is all around us. When you find yourself staring at that blank page of life, trying to put the next word down, look up and around. Breathe deep. You'll find it may be a little hidden, but it's there for the taking.

This free write as a part of write 31 days is using a prompt from Five Minute Fridays. Today's prompt was inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment