Saturday, October 6, 2018

Where You Belong

One of my favorite songs right now is Lauren Daigle's "You Say". It's all about who God says I am, which goes perfectly with the theme of this #write31days storyline.

One line says, "When I don't belong, You say I am Yours."

I get that line, from the bottom of my heart.

I'm an introvert. I'm socially awkward. I have learned to deal with it because I work in a field where you have to make conversation, but I still struggle sometimes.

So many times I feel like a fake.

And surely everyone knows I'm faking.

I recently listened to a news story that was talking about research about social media. I love social media like the next person, but I totally understand where this research was coming from. Basically, the findings said that despite all of our "connectiveness", we are more lonely that we have ever been.

Let's face it. Sometimes it's easy to look around and see how everyone else fits into the puzzle... and feel like a square peg in a round hole.

That loneliness that we feel can be expected, because we were made for community. We were made to belong. We were made to be in relationship.

And we do belong... to an awesome God who loves us more than anyone can describe.

He knows every piece of our story, and loves us anyway.

He has a place for us... a safe haven. A home.

Where we will always belong.

Participating in #write31days using Free Write prompts from Five Minute Fridays. These free write prompts are written in five minutes on one subject. Today's prompt... belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment