Sunday, October 14, 2018

It's OK to Ask

Just this evening I was reading my devotion and one of my favorite verses was the key verse. From Proverbs, "Commit your way to the Lord...."

I'm not always good at doing that. I tend to make all kinds of plans and then jump in feet first, only to get frustrated when I'm too gungho and waste all my energy.

I'm not great at asking what I'm supposed to do. I'm not the best at asking for help...

Part of telling our story is telling the past... where we came from and what brought us to where we are...

but it's also a means to help us know where we're going. What's next?

I've been asking that a lot lately... where do we go from here? What am I supposed to be doing? What's Your purpose in all of this, God?

This summer I participated in a Bible study with some other ladies in my county, where we worked through The Quest by Beth Moore. She's one of my favorites, and I find that I always learn something.

This study was different, though. It was centered around the questions in the Bible...

how many times have you been told not to question God? Beth actually encouraged it...

One of the key verses was 'Ask and you shall receive."

Ask...

when you don't understand. When you don't know where you're going. When you feel like you need something. When you feel all alone.

Ask... and you shall receive.

Not you may receive. Not you should receive...

you will. 

Because when we commit our ways to the Lord and acknowledge Him, giving Him the reigns to lead us and guide us, and when we seek His will for our lives, He will give us the desires of our heart...

because we will be in tune with His desires, and they will become the same.

Not sure where you're going? Oh, friend... I can relate...

but He has gone before us and He is behind us and He covers us.

Ask Him, and He'll answer.

This post is a part of a write31 days series about telling my story, featuring free write prompts from Five Minute Friday. Today's prompt- ask...

No comments:

Post a Comment