Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Think

"As a man thinks, so he is..."

A great quote with lots of truth to it. 

I just wish I lived it out more... because let's face it. A lot of what I think isn't the best. 

I often judge myself for "stupid" things I do or "stupid" things I say, reliving moments over and over. 

I often judge others when I don't know the whole story. 

Too many times I open my mouth and spill out what I'm thinking, even if it isn't beneficial to anyone. 

The Bible tells us to transform by the renewing of your mind.. by changing the way you think. Philippians tells us to "think on" what is lovely and pure and true...

yet how often does my mind go in the complete opposite direction? 

I've really been thinking...
a lot about thinking. 

When I catch myself being my own worst critic, I've been trying to stop and pause and clear my head. 

I've been journaling my thoughts, and trying to clear out the negative. 

I don't want to be a Pollyanna (I don't know if I even know what Pollyanna does. I just know she's associated with rose-colored glasses, you might say)...

I know we have to be realistic...
but we also have to give one another the benefit of the doubt. 

We have to give ourselves the benefit of the doubt. 

By pausing and holding our thoughts up to what we know to be true. 

And even if some days we have no idea what is even really true, we can pause to see if what we are thinking is really beneficial. 

If it's not... nip it in the bud. 


No comments:

Post a Comment