Saturday, October 16, 2021

Temporary

 Temporary. 

The picture that brings to mind can be positive or negative. 

If it's something you enjoy, it may make you sad, because you know it won't last. If it's a hard season, it may give you relief, because you can count down until when it is over. 

I don't always like "temporary" because I don't like change. I like to know what to expect, and when something is temporary... well, you don't. You also don't know how or when it may change. 

As I've been writing this month, I've been doing a lot of reflection on these pages about "finding" myself. I've been in a season of struggle for a while now, and while I know in my mind that it is temporary, it hasn't really made it much easier...

but each season of life is hard. Part of what makes it difficult is knowing that no matter what, there will be change. External change, yes...

but also internal change. 

Who I was 20 years ago... she's no longer there. 

There may be some characteristics of her... but I'm not the same. I've matured, and grown, and how I view things is now colored by experiences that I have had. 

The Bible tell us that if we are in Christ, we are being transformed from "glory to glory". The glory we get here on earth is temporary... you do something great, and everyone applauds and cheers, but things are soon forgotten. 

Christ, however, has eternal glory...

and He is working that eternal glory in us. 

This life is temporary. Temporary struggles. Temporary trials...

preparing us for the eternal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment