Saturday, April 27, 2013

Greener Pastures

Just posted on Facebook: Slept until I woke up without an alarm (815... not my usual!), worked on paper, Dairy Queen with Caleb, submitted my final paper for EBP, Facetimed with Wallace, and now watching Duck Dynasty on DVR. This has been a great day =) God. is. Good.

And He is.  But this morning I was kind of doubting it... well, not doubting it, but struggling.

Have you ever had a case of Facebook envy?

I'll be honest.  I get it.  A lot.  See, on Facebook, everyone's life is always the grass is greener on the other side.  I'm guilty of it, too... I'm not going to post that life sucks or that I'm fat or that I'm having a bad day.  Or I might post that I'm having a bad day, but I try to put a positive spin on it, because I'm trying to be more positive. 

But then I get on there and everyone is doing greeeaaattt.  And everyone is losing weight and several of my facebook friends are running and I'm... sitting... on ... the... couch... writing... this... stupid... paper.  And Wallace is miles away and even if he was home, he'd be in the bedroom playing a game...

Yeah, I was feeling sorry for myself.

And then I woke up, or roused myself.  Those people who are losing weight are working at it.  And those people that are running are disciplined. And maybe I'll never be like Wallace and run for ten miles, but I did make myself walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes today, and I pretty much walked every day last week. And maybe Wallace spent all that time in the bedroom playing games because I was such a pleasure to be around. 

Sometimes, we have to take responsiblity for ourselves. And admit that there are areas that we need to work on. On days when my attitude stinks, I need to remind myself of all that I've got going for me. 

Chances are you've had those days, too.  We have two options.  Wallow in it, or dig ourselves out.  When we wallow, we just get deeper...and deeper... and deeper. 

And truth is, we don't even have to dig ourselves out.  God's reaching down, holding out His hand for us.  We just have to look up and grab it...

And then He'll lead us into green pastures.... and there is no grass greener on the other side.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment