Monday, April 23, 2012

Today is a Monday

So, just in case you didn't know, today is Monday.  And it felt like Monday, all day long...

Got to the office with lots to do, so much to do that I didn't know where to start. So I sat on my email and facebook until  it was time to go give my exam (yes, I was wasting company time.  And I apologize for it, I really do... but when your head is so overwhelmed sometimes you don't know how to get started... so for the procrastinators at heart, you become paralyzed and do nothing instead. I'll make up for it tomorrow.)

It was Monday because I made out my to do list for tomorrow.  Didn't look too bad, all things considering.  On Mondays, I like to look ahead at the entire week and see what needs to be accomplished.  This week, there's clinical stuff to grade, grades to calculate, student advising sessions before the HESI next week, student advising sessions to get new students registered for fall classes, discussion boards to read, and filing... maybe the filing can wait.

It was Monday because it was cool outside.  It was Monday because I felt out of sorts, even though I am supposed to be a Woman of Joy.  I'm reminded that Mondays are tough because they come after the weekend, the time when we are refreshed and rejuvenated (if you are lucky.  Or the time when you run, run, run more than you do during the rest of the week and you look forward to Monday because you can shut your office door and just veg for 15 minutes... not that that ever happens).  So, yes, I was out of sorts.  I'm feeling the pressure of the end of the semester, and in times of pressure, I get overwhelmed and shut down.  I forget that God has it all covered, and that He is going to work it out for the good.  He's much better at the whole planning thing than I am... after all, He created the whole world in 6 days and took a day to rest.  I'm thinkng He can handle working up my to do list.  And helping me to accomplish what is most important on said list.

So yes, today is Monday. And I'm grateful.  I've got a job to go to, a car to drive, and a family to come home to.  I've got good students who are just as stressed as me (if not more so), but still dig in and do what needs to be done.  I've got good coworkers.  And I've got the ultimate Day-Planner, One that knows what I need to do before I even write it down... and can always remember even when the list gets misplaced.  Thank You, Lord, for Mondays.  Give me strength to keep on keeping on =)

No comments:

Post a Comment