Thursday, April 26, 2012

Storms? What storms?

Today I spent a long day in the nursing lab.  I dropped Caleb off at school and hung out there grading care plans and other assignments.  I had some students come in and finish lab time... finishing up this semester.  Only two more exams for them... one more for me to administer.  Then  a week of meetings, and a week of cleaning up my office (Lord, help me!) and I'll be done for the summer.  The end of the semester always means preparing for the next, and I've been meeting with advisees getting them signed up for their nursing classes.

Tonight I had appointments with 3 of those advisees. About 4 PM, one of them called and said that she wasn't sure if she'd make it to meet with me, that there was a tornado warning... A tornado warning?  What? Where had I been?  It had been beautiful last time I had been outside.  From my vantage points, it looked like we had some clouds, but not a bad storm.  After I hung up, though, I found out that there had indeed been a bad storm in Breathitt County, and that the skies were darker than they appeared.

Vantage points... it's all about how we look at things. Sometimes all we can see are the storm clouds around us. Sometimes we can't see that other people are going through storms, because we are basking in the sunshine.  We must look around... try to look at things from different perspectives.  Not so we can dwell on the storms, but so we will be looking up when the rainbows appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment