Wednesday, April 25, 2012

To the Beat of a Different Drummer

My Caleb is a real trooper.  I never really realized it until today.  Today he has gotten up and down and up and down and up and down.  He's become a pro on the crutches in just one day, scaring me with how fast he can go.  He's not quite got the hang of looking around him, though... causing him to sit it down on my foot a couple of times.  He has learned to scoot into Mamaw's van, in and out, and how to hop up the steps.

During the MRI, he had to lay still for about 30 minutes.  If you know Caleb, you know this was a difficult feat.  He did okay... until about halfway through I noticed his shoulders were moving a little bit.  And his head.  Back and forth... kind of like you do when you listen to a good song on your Ipod.  "Mama, I kind of like this beat.  It reminds me of a drum."

So we are tired.  An MRI.  A trip to Walmart, where he wheeled himself around in a wheelchair where the leg came off.  A battle to get back in Mamaw Karen's van, where he said, "I know this is going to hurt when I get in that seat.  I just have to get over it." A trip to church.  And now, laying on the couch, struggling with getting comfortable.  Praising God because he can at least move a little. 

Keep on praising, Caleb Bates.  Keep on marching to that beat in your head.  God loves you so much, and so do I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment