Saturday, April 28, 2012

Heart of Gratitude

Today I really don't know what to write about.  I feel like I was emotionally bankrupt after last night, so I guess I don't have anything philosophical to write about tonight... so I'll just talk a little about what I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful that it is almost the end of the semester. I'm thankful for a wonderful group of students that are getting ready to graduate and make wonderful nurses.  I'm thankful for a group of students this semester and last that have stuck with us through trying out online courses and are loads of fun to be around.  They try their hardest, and are going to be awesome nurses!  I'm also thankful for the promise of another semester... I always love the new students because they are brand spanking new... and full of excitement.

I'm thankful for my family... All of my family.  I'm so blessed to have a wonderful husband, an extraordinary son, parents who are the best, sisters who have tolerated me, and in-laws who are much more than that. 

I'm thankful for apple fritters last weekend from the Apple Barn in Pigeon Forge, and ice cold Diet Coke in bottles, and more books to read than I could ever find time to finish.  I'm thankful for another breath... for a smile even when I am aggravated, and for this mess of my life that I've been blessed with.  Thank You, Lord... help me never to take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment