Saturday, March 30, 2013

A Few Favorite Things

Don't really feel like writing anything heavy tonight, so thought I'd just tell you five things that I'm really liking right now. 

1. Sharpie ink pens.  My friend Jenna got me a couple for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I've been hooked every since.  They make even my messy handwriting look nice... well, ok, we won't go that far. But they make me happy when I write =)

2. My Kindle paperwhite.  I've had a Kindle, and a Kindle fire.  I used the regular one outside, and the fire inside at night when I slept, so I could read in bed and not keep Wallace up.  I was very sad when the regular one died, but figured I'd used it enough that I had truly worn it out.  So I was very pleasantly surprised when we went to Lexington and Wallace went behind my back and bought a Paperwhite for me. Now, I can read it outside and in the dark. 

3. Pink lemonade sugar cookies.  My Mom made this a few weeks ago, and they were delicious.  I'm anxiously awaiting tomorrow so I can have some more... and some strawberry cake pops, which I might have sampled today, but I won't tell.

4. The song Scandal of Grace by Hillsong United.  And Lord I Need You by Matt Mauer.  And a bunch more, but I said only five things.

5. My Dad being on Facebook.  He finally broke down and started a page, and he makes me smile.  He's been commenting on people's walls and having a good ol' time.  I love that guy.  He's the best.

Ok, there you go.  My top 5 "things" right now.  Have a wonderful Easter Sunday. Remember the true reason, not the Easter Bunny, but Jesus Christ, who came and died so that we could have life, and have it more abundantly.  God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment