Monday, April 1, 2013

And the Foolish Shall Confound the Wise

April Fool's Day, and it started out another gloomy Monday. Sometimes I feel like I'm stuck in the movie Groundhog Day, where I wake up over and over again and it is the same thing, day in and day out.  For the most part, I'm okay with that, because I like staying in my comfort zone.  I like the familiar and the known.

I work at my desk all day, crossing off my to do list and gazing at my beach pictures and my sand in a jar with longing.  As I look out my window, I notice that the sky has cleared and blue is peeking out, and the sun reflects through onto my chair.  The tree is beginning to bud, although you have to strain really close to see....

Spring is late here and the season of growth isn't really even started, but those small buds let me know it is coming.  I don't understand this cycle, this day in day out rhythm, but I know it makes sense to Someone above, and I'm reminded on this day that the foolish things will be used to confound the wise.

Like a man hanging on a cross for the sins of the world, and grace that is free for us but was paid by Him. 

"How could that be?", these wise men of the world ask. Those who are learned and have experimented and are convinced that Science is the answer, that cold, hard facts are proof that our God doesn't really exist like we say He does...

But then there is a heart like mine, full of joy and hope in this near-spring, who can look at the buds on the trees and see the blossoms that will arise.

This heart that is softened and tendered by gratitude, for accepting that grace that has no explanation, who keep looking, looking, for all of those things that prove God is real and Hope is alive and the Tomb is empty and those who are wise are unable to figure it out, and April Fools Day can be a day full of thankfulness, just like every other day.

Thankful for: lunch and shopping with my Mom and my sister, Jeremiah 29:11, Romans 10:4, Matthew 11:28-29; His Word, The Truth, John 14:27, Time alone to watch a movie and read, My family, the work of the cross, God's Battle Plan for my life, my time, ink pens, I Will Rise by Chris Tomlin, Baby Will, hope, Easter with the family, Wallace, work, time with Caleb

No comments:

Post a Comment