Tuesday, March 19, 2013

SSMT 2013 #6 James 4:6- Hello My Name is...

Saturday at Winter Jam Matthew West sang his new song, Hello My Name Is...

He talked about how we each have our stories, and we can write it ourself, making endless mistakes, or give up and let God write it. 

I've always loved that analogy, because I fancy myself a writer.  I want to write a life story that is worth reading.  I want to write a romance, loving God  with all I've got.  And while it may be a mystery to me, this story doesn't have a mysterious ending to God.  While I may be writing my own story, He is the one with the pen.  He is the author and perfector of my faith...

And His stories are good. 

We have the option to choose what we call ourself.  Hello, my name is...

God's chosen one. Beautiful.  Loved. Redeemed.  Protected.  Sheltered. 

The next day, I read a facebook status by My One Word.
“The only thing that stands between you and your dream is the will to try and the belief that it is actually possible.”  – Joel Brown

Well, that and a lack of focus. So focus and believe today with your one word.


As I was thinking of Matthew's song, I thought to myself... believe today that you ARE that one word.

Hello, my name is... Grace personified.  Grace, living.  Grace...  I give grace.  I have received grace.  I know grace.  I embrace grace.  I am grace...

And I want to live it so that others can see it. To do this, I must humble myself.  Turn the other cheek. Smile when I don't feel like doing so.  Bite my tongue, even if it bleeds.  And the good thing is, for all the grace I give, it can never amount to what He has given.  And He keeps giving.

"But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble." James 4:6
Hello my name is... Follow the link before for the song. And remember, you can choose what you answer to. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJlCj9_Sfj0

1 comment:

  1. I love Matthew's new song! I don't believe there isn't one person who can relate to it! Really enjoyed this post. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete