Sunday, March 10, 2013

Better than One

"Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts.  For if either falls, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up."- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

We're around a table... different table, different nights.  Sometimes it's plates on our laps or we're piled up in the floor.  The food is always good, but the friendship is better.  And as we bond over laughter, I'm reminded of the meaning of this verse.

Life is hard.  It's even harder when you try to live it alone.  This comes from an admitted introvert.  I may not always contribute to the loud conversations.  I usually leave that up to my husband, who has no shame.  However, I'm still a part of this community. A community that I know has my back.  And friends who I hope know that I've got theirs, too.

Over the past couple of years, I've become receptive to get-togethers.  Tonight, I'm thankful for them, because it means I'm not alone.  It means that we're loved.  These get-togethers are good for my soul.

God is good, even if life is hard. Sometimes He holds us up Himself. Sometimes, He uses the arms of others to support us. 

Two are better than one.  And seven or ten or twelve, regardless of age, are even better.  Thank You, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment