Sunday, October 19, 2014

Praise to the Lord

Here in Kentucky, it's a beautiful fall day. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and the hills are full of reds and oranges that are magnificent.  The wind is blowing softly and it is cool enough to wear a sweatshirt, but then the sunshine warms you just enough.



I wonder if it is days like today that Isaiah is describing in 55:12, "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands."

I can't imagine the trees actually clapping, but I do know that as the wind blows through them and the leaves move it seems as though they are whispering.

And the mountains and hills bursting into song... that's hard for me to imagine, too, until I view them in their multicolored fabulousness and can almost hear them...

Singing praises. 

Praise to the Creator.

"Finally, my brethren... if there be any praise, think on these things."- Philippians 4:8

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord."- Psalm 150:6


Writing this for my #write31daychallenge., thinking on Philippians 4:8.  This week I think I'm going to be focusing on praise, because it's a pretty big area... unless God leads me another direction. 

What are you praising God for today?

3 comments:

  1. Me? I'm praising God for this gorgeous fall season, and some awesome worship at church today. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures. I am praising God for the fall weather, awesome sermon this morning and my family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow a different spiritual path, so no praising today... but my husband and I enjoyed the just past-peak color here in New England, and had a lovely day together.

    Blessings to you,
    Melissa
    http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

    ReplyDelete