Sunday, May 5, 2013

May edition- What I'm Reading

If you know anything about me, you know that summer means one thing to me... reading!  Since I was a very little girl, my best memories involve me and books.  Today, I have to tell Caleb to put his phone up at the table... Mom was forever telling me to put my book up.  I packed a book with me wherever I went... and today it's pretty much the same.

My goal for the year is to read 80 books.  I'm well on my way.  I've been averaging just over 8 a month, and am pretty sure that number will go up this summer, as I only have one class I'm taking...

So, what am I reading right now? I'd love to tell you! In my car is Midnight Promises, a Sherryl Woods Sweet Magnolias book about a couple having marital difficulties.  It's a light read, with likeable characters.  I really like Woods.  She usually writes three series books, and I've been trying to wait until all three are published.  This is the first in that series, so I've got two more to go after this one.

On my Kindle, I'm reading Stealing Jake, a free offer that I downloaded about a lady working in an orphanage and a Deputy Sheriff and a bunch of kids living on the streets.  Even though it is set in Illinois, it reminds me of home because it has coal miners... good read so far.  I'm about halfway finished.

Saving Max is also on my Kindle, and I'm just starting it.  Not in far enough to tell how good it's going to be...

I'm reading The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, the last book in the series.  These always take me a little bit to get into them, but then once I do, I can't put them down.

The Sound of One Hand Clapping takes place in Tazmania, features workers in a hydraulic plant, but for some reason it reminds me of home.  Probably because of the people.  It's a sad story, and one I'm having to think about as I read.

Stressed Less Living and John Maxwell's 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth round out my list.  Unless you count War and Peace... dare I say maybe this summer?

Lots of books to read.  I bought two new Angie Smith books that I've been looking forward to.  The other two books in this Sherryl Woods series.  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn and The Boy in the Suitcase and Crazy Love and Gone with the Wind (if I can find it again... somebody borrowed it).  I've got a whole bookshelf and lots of titles on my Kindle and I.  can't.  wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment