Friday, May 3, 2013

April in Review

Wow! May already!!! Before we know it this year will be half over and we'll be thinking of changes to make in 2014... but now, for my monthly recount ;-) My apologies if this is boring... I'll try to do better tomorrow (visit for a link to Melissa Taylor's blog hop.  Some great blogs there!)

Wallace tells me he's lost weight sweating it out in Texas... and I think through paper writing and final exam preparation, I've gained what he's lost here in Kentucky... but I have been consistently walking... most nights, at least 30 minutes, sometimes more.  I always do better in warm weather.  There's just something to be said for walking in the sunshine, with the wind blowing and the birds chirping.  I'll keep on keeping on... doing my best.  Better than doing nothing, right?

I'm still behind on my Bible reading. I'm in Ruth, almost a month behind.   Ruth is just a one day assignment, but somehow I split it into two!  It's also one of my favorite books.  Psalms are coming up, too, which I love, so I do think I'll get caught up in the next month or so!

I set out to memorize Matthew 5, 6, & 7 this year. Pretty lofty goal, and I've just. about. quit. I said last month I was resolved to start back... but then I got hung up in a little thing called a systematic review.  And also caught up in my joy reading.  So... no progress... but isn't God good?  New mercies... and new opportunities.  I'm also participating in Beth Moore's SSMT.  Today's verse is Ephesians 2:5.  My verses are all about grace, and while I may not know them all word for word, His Word is sinking in, and I'm looking at things through the eyes of grace a little more... a little ;-)

I've not taken a pic every day, but the pics I've taken have been good.  I've not blogged every day, either... have been averaging about four days a week. God usually puts a message on my heart, and sometimes it is pure nonsense... but it is what it is.  It's all for His glory... and to help me have a sane mind =)

I've worked through Lisa Harper's Malachi and am on week 5 of Beth Moore's Daniel (again) with a group of friends on Facebook (goal of 4 in depth Bible studies).... yes, week 5.  One month later I've done a week.  I will finish, though... just maybe not before we start our next study ;-) I'm reading Tracie Miles's Stress Lessed Living with Melissa Taylor's Online Bible Studies on Facebook, leading a group of amazing ladies.  It's hitting right at home... in this stressful time, it's been some good reading.  Caleb and I are in Chapter 13 of Luke. I've really enjoyed getting his insights. I read 9 books in April, for a total of 35 out of my 80 books; 45 to go. The last four days I've finished two books and both of them were wonderful. I highly recommend Sparkly Green Earrings and And Then I Found You.  One is a memoir. One is a fiction story about a girl who finds her adoptive parents on Facebook. More on what I'm reading now later.  I've got a list of books I want to read this summer... and I fully plan to do it.  I deserve it after that systematic review! 

Participating in the Joy Dare and counting 1000 gifts... counted a total of 789 through April.  Some of them have been hard to be thankful for... some are easy, obvious. He is so good!

Getting more sleep... not 8 hours a night, but going to bed at a decent hour most nights, and feeling more rested in the morning. I've actually been going to bed pretty early most nights, 930 or 10. I'm still not a morning person, but I'm trying... and last weekend I actually got up at 815 by myself, without the alarm!

May brings lots of excitement... final exams for my students, the end of the year for Caleb, the beginning of summer vacation. Wallace will be home and we'll have to figure out how to settle into a new routine.  I'm hoping for lots of exercise and lots of book reading... we'll see.  These past four months of my year of grace have been good for the most part, but I'm learning that's how it is when you change your attitude.  His grace is always sufficient when you look up!

No comments:

Post a Comment