Thursday, February 21, 2013

What I'm Reading- February addition

Today I spent about 15 minutes on Amazon, working on my reading wish list.  I'll never read every book that I want to, because they publish them too fast, but I'll sure die trying!  The invent of the Kindle makes it so easy to buy books.. and as I see books listed in blogs and on other people's GoodREads account, off to Amazon I go to star them.  One trip to Half Price book and I might buy a few... but I've already got a whole bookshelf in there full of books to be read.  And a girl only has so much time in the day. 

So right now, what am I reading, you might ask?  Or you really might not care... but if you do, read on and then comment and tell me what you're reading that's good. I just might add it to my wishlist!

In paperback, I'm reading The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand and Blessings by Anna Quindlen.  The Castaways is set in Nantucket, a beach novel, kind of, which I like to read in the summer normally... but sometimes in the cold of winter I like to pull them out and pretend like I'm basking in the sunlight on the beach.  I love this author; everything I've read by her is really good. Blessings is about a man who finds an abandoned baby and tries to raise it on his own.  It's been a really good read so far, too.

On a serious note, I've just started The Great Influenza by John M. Barry.  Recommended by my epidemiology professor, I'm just on the first chapter, but I really think I'm going to like it. The nurse in me likes to read about diseases and recovery and all that stuff.

I'm reading Calling Me Home for the SheReads book club. This book is partially set in 1930s Kentucky, in Newport, so it's been fun to read about what it was like during that time.  I'm enjoying it so far.  I'd like to have it read by the end of February, since that's when they discuss the book on their webpage, so that's probably what I'll read the most on this weekend.

I'm also reading Let. It. Go. by Karen Ehman for Melissa Taylor's Online Bible Studies.  I'm leading a small group on Facebook, and have truly been blessed by this study.  Next week we'll be reading Chapters 7 & 8, and I'm sure you'll read about them in another blog then.

Another religious book I'm reading for the Bloom book club on IncourageMe.com is Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home.  I'm a couple of chapters behind on this one, but hope to get caught up this weekend.  It talks about different types of prayer and how we seek God... and prayer is something we all need!

Growth is something I'm aiming for in 2013; personal growth, that is... and I'm reading John Maxwell's The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth.  I've got several gaps in growth that I've been working on this month.

Then, of course, that pesky War and Peace is still on my list on GoodReads... and Daniel by Beth Moore and Malachi by Lisa Harper. 

I wish there were more hours in the day.... or that I could be paid to read =)

No comments:

Post a Comment