Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Thoughts for the Night... Such as They Are

Writer's block tonight. Oh, there are a lot of verses running through my head, but I'm lazy and that would involve actually thinking.  So here's what I've got, such as it is...

(That just made me go on a tangent.  My little great-aunt Emma would always make us lunch and put it on the story and say... always, "And Mommy would put it out and say, there's your dinner, such as it is." I miss Emma.  I miss going to her house and hiking up the hill and rocking on the front porch.)

So, anyway... here's what I got.  Life's short.  Sometimes, we have lots of time to say what we want to say in this white space.  Sometimes we just might say too much. Choose your words wisely.  Love hard.  Love strong.  Love fully.  Always give your best, and go to bed exhausted, most days... but take a break to breathe in deep the windy air, to feel the rain belt against your skin as the sky lightens as the clouds move away.  Chase rainbows.  Look for the hidden sunshine.  And finally, when you don't know what else to do, give it to God.  It's all His anyway... and His grace is sufficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment