Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Weekend Prayer

Tonight is one of those nights I'm struggling with what to write.  I've had a rather uneventful day. I did attend a wedding shower for a beautiful bride-to-be, and got to chat with some family and friends that I normally don't get to see.  I also had a run to Spencer's Dairy Bar with Caleb, game night with Wallace, Caleb, Greg, and Regina, and got to watch UK pull off a win.  30 minutes on the treadmill followed by a nice long bath had me ready for bed, but UK and their OT changed those plans...

Anyway, today I've really been thinking about how many are in need... physically, emotionally, financially.  Our world is full of troubles, and it's hard.  Next week, two of my cousins (well, one cousin and one cousin-in-law) will be headed overseas for deployment.  Many in my area are out of jobs.  You hear of new cancer diagnoses each day, and marriages struggle and kids lose their way. 

So tonight, I'm praying for all of these things.  And I'm praying for you. 

Wherever you are, whomever you are, may you know God's peace clear to the marrow of your bones.  May you dig in deep to all He has to offer.  May you take deep breaths and clear your mind and bask in His goodness.  Rest tomorrow.  Take a nap. Take a walk. Read His Word.  Refresh your soul, and you will be refreshed. 

He's good... and His grace is sufficient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment