Saturday, February 2, 2013

January Review

One month down, 11 to go.  Can you believe it?  I am always in awe that time goes by so fast. Seems like we spend our lives waiting for things... and then before we know it, they are over. I'm hoping that will be my experience with this DNP program, anyway...

So, in an effort to be more accountable toward my "resolutions", I thought I'd make a monthly post as to how well I've been doing.  Don't think I'm bragging, because anything I"ve been able to do is through the grace of God!!! Now, I know this may be boring to you, so I promise tomorrow I'll try to have something more exciting... but here we go.

Not lost much weight, but I have been exercising at least 30 minutes 3 days a week. My goal is 6 days a week,and I've done that a couple of times... but it is ball season.  And I'm not a morning person.  Maybe February will be better in that way.

I'm on track reading my Bible through.  I'm reading in Leviticus... which I struggle with.  I've been taking notes and journaling, which makes it a little slow, but I'm really trying to do at least 15 minutes a day.  It's amazing to me how God can show you new things from a familiar passage.  Like today, I was reading about the trespass offering.  It essentially says atonement for ignorance... for sinning when they didn't even realize they were doing it.  I can definitely relate to that.  I'm so thankful I live under a new covenant, have been redeemed, and can access heaven myself to ask for forgiveness! Thank You, Jesus!

I'm memorizing Matthew 5, 6, & 7 this year.  Pretty lofty goal, but I'm on verse 11 and I've done pretty good. I've also memorized two verses for Beth Moore's SSMT, and am working on 2 Corinthians 8:9. These verses focus on grace.

I've not taken a pic every day, but I've been pretty close. And some days I've taken more than one, so it has evened out =) I've blogged almost every day.... I think I've missed one. 

I'm working through Lisa Harper's Malachi and hope to start Beth Moore's Daniel (again) with a group of friends on Facebook (goal of 4 in depth Bible studies).  I'm also starting Let. It. Go. tomorrow. 

I read 10 out of my 80 books in January.  70 to go. This is probably my favorite goal because I enjoy it so much!

Participating in the Joy Dare and counting 1000 gifts... counted 216 in January alone.  He is so good!

Getting more sleep... not 8 hours a night, but going to bed at a decent hour most nights, and feeling more rested in the morning.

I think I've been laughing, and living, and positive.  I'm trying to make every moment count.  Been trying to connect with others and get out of my shell. 

January was pretty good.  I think a lot of it is in your perspective, and mine's changing... because His grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment