Monday, February 4, 2013

Generous Grace, Making Me Rich SSMT #3 and #Joy Dare

One month of grace and still I'm struggling.  I sit at the kitchen table where he is doing his homework, looking out at the half-melted snow.  There's something about the warm-up days following a snow that leave me depressed.  Once, all was white in the world.  Now, it's just muddy and nasty.  Sound familiar?

Where once the new year is exciting and... new... full of opportunities... a month in and I'm just tired. Could be because I sat up too late last night. Could be because I pulled up my assignments for the next couple of weeks.  Could be that I have to help with  homework, help set up for the Woman's Club meeting, take Caleb to a birthday party, and somehow make it to a ballgame for a little bit of the action.. all in a matter  of a couple of hours.

And it's the 4th already and I've barely looked at this third memory verse.  "You know the generous grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that by his poverty he could make you rich."

I'm looking at it, writing it, knowing that the only words I know are "generous grace", because that's what I'm focusing on, today, when I don't feel so generous. 

And I know it in my heart.  "You know..." Yes, yes I do.  I know it intimately, have seen it in action, God loving a sinner graciously even when I don't deserve it.

Generous grace.... of Him, who gave it all to come to earth to be poor.  Born in a manger.  Having no home of his own, and traveling on dusty roads to heal and save and love.  Made poor so that I could be made rich...

Rich in friends.  Rich in family.  Rich from love notes from my baby boy, and from words jumping off of the page at me, as I read of abounding hope and God being in control and His love.. oh, HIs love.  Rich from boxes of Gigi's cupcakes and my planner and books and gifts in pictures.  Rich in God's gifts, over 200 in January alone.  And as I focus on this, I'm remembering that clean snow that I came home to.  White, covering everywhere...

Just like my heart when I'm grateful, washed white because of His redemption, because of His generous grace, because of Him being made poor... because His grace is sufficient.

Counting the gifts with Ann at www.aholyexperience.com.  Join me in the Joy Dare? It truly has changed my outlook... most days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment