Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Keeping My Sanity

I'm feeling much less stressed.  Maybe I'm just in denial, but that's ok, because I'm a lot happier.  Caleb may argue that fact, seeing as we once again got in an argument tonight... but I really am trying. And I think he is, too...

Anyhow, Ann Voskamp wrote a blog post the other day where she gave ideas to keep her sanity.  I think it was called The Sanity Manifesto? Anyway, I printed it off and hung it on my wall at work.  Also posted there is a printable from The TimeWarp Wife talking about my job being a priviledge, because it is work for God, and my wall hanging Holly made me for Christmas, with Jeremiah 29:11 on it.  And my Terrible Towel, and a redneck island necklace my cousin Rhett made all the cousins when we were at Green River Lake.  All stuff to see me through the day at work... reminding me of what is important in life, and what I'm living for.  God.  Family.  Friends.  Football (just kidding... or am I?)

Anyway, I've kind of adopted Ann's advice.  Every morning for the past month, I've started my day in His Word.  (Ok, I might have missed a couple of mornings....but I'm doing better).  It may just be 15 minutes to read in Luke or in my Chronological Bible.  Good days are those I can linger and read in several chapters.  But I start my day in His Word.

And I've been trying to plan... and I'm a big planner. But in this, I write down what I need to do for that day.  Just that day...  or maybe the next day, if it's something I need to work on.  And I focus on that.  For 25 minutes at a time, and then I take a break. 

Exercise... or try to.  Usually with a good show on or good music on so that I can lose myself because I really dont' like to do it... although I'm finding I'm looking forward to it.  I'll never admit it to Wallace.

And going to bed on time... maybe not lights out or asleep, but not working past a certain time.  This takes for some planning for this procrastinator, but it's important for me to wind down, catch up with Wallace, and figure out what the plan is for the next day, since it's basketball season in full swing and we have four games a week.

One day at a time... and I'm keeping my sanity.  Thank you, Ann... and thank You, God. 
http://www.aholyexperience.com/2013/01/life-plan-day-planner-sanity-manifesto-printable/

No comments:

Post a Comment