Monday, March 4, 2013

Gifts When I'm Worn

Monday again... how is it that the weekend just flies by?  And time marches on... and on... and on.

This morning, I read in Deuteronomy about the 10 commandments and loving the LORD your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength, and I teared up a little on the way to work listening to Worn by Tenth Avenue North, because I am worn.  Things can be good, but I still can get worn. 

Worn from the stress of school and work and the gloom of winter and just worrying... even when He says not to.  Worrying about what might be or what could be or how things will happen and turn out... worrying about the next few weeks when I don't even have the promise of tomorrow.  Worn from all of these assignments I have to do, worn because I don't understand them. 

"I'm tired, I'm worn My heart is heavy From the work it takes to keep on breathing...
And my prayers are wearing thin I'm worn even before the day begins"

And then I'm reminded of Him speaking to us.  Come ye, all who are heavy laden and burdened. Take my yoke upon you, for it is light. 

He has a rest for the worn.  As Tenth Avenue North sings, Redemption wins.  The struggle ends.  He can take a heart thats frail and torn and repair it.

Our God is a heart surgeon.  He's in to cardiac rehab.

I need that on this Monday.

So on this mulitude Monday, even though I'm worn and tired and scared and unsure, I'm thankful.

Cause the sun is shining in my window. Diet Coke gives me a little energy. I finally find the right key to my office door, instead of my house key, and I've got time to work on a test and notes and other stuff. 

This counting of these gifts, it repairs my heart a little. Renews me, even as I'm worn.  Up to 417.  Thankful for hugs and naps and my warm Northface Jacket, for safe travels home in the rain and snow, for Gigis cupcakes and good friends and laughter.  Thankful for answered prayers and God's Word and my parents and grandparents and a legacy of love and being raised in church.  Thankful for Psalm 62 and Psalm 31:14-15 and Job... yes, even hard Job, which shows hope to the hopeless.  I'm thankful for Caleb's reflection in the window as he comes home from Mamaw's, for hearing Wallace praying traveling mercies on us the other morning, for knowing that God has a plan, and it's a good plan, and that all things work together for good even though sometimes I might not like how they work. 

He's good. His grace is sufficient, especially when I'm worn...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUEy8nZvpdM

No comments:

Post a Comment