Sunday, March 3, 2013

February Review

Wow!  Already March.  I'm so ready for summer!  This dreary, cold weather really gets to me. 

Her'e's my monthly accountability post for my resolutions.  I understand if you just check out right now... but this is something that helps me know how I've done.  Thank You, Lord, for imperfect progress...

Not lost much weight, but I have been exercising at least 30 minutes 3 days a week. Not done much better in February, but I've been trying to increase my speed on the treadmill and actually jog a little.  I'm getting there...

Behind on my Bible reading.  I'm in Deuteronomy, about a week behind, but I'm thinking I'll have some extra time next week to double up.  I'm in amazement about the trek of the Israelites through the wilderness.  Can you imagine, all those people and providing food and water and being in camp with them.  What a big God we serve!

I'm memorizing Matthew 5, 6, & 7 this year. Pretty lofty goal, but I'm on verse 19-20 and I've done pretty good. I've also memorized four verses for Beth Moore's SSMT, and am working on Ephesians 6:24.  These verses focus on grace.

I've not taken a pic every day; I've kind of slacked off in February. And some days I've taken more than one, so it has evened out =) I've blogged almost every day.... I think I've missed one, or maybe two.

I've worked through Lisa Harper's Malachi and am on week 3 of Beth Moore's Daniel (again) with a group of friends on Facebook (goal of 4 in depth Bible studies).  I hope to finish Chapters 9 and 10 in Let. It. Go.  We have two weeks left in that study.

I read 7 books in February, for a total of 17 out of my 80 books; 63 to go. This is probably my favorite goal because I enjoy it so much! I wish I could make a living by reading!!

Participating in the Joy Dare and counting 1000 gifts... counted a total of 392 through February.  He is so good!

Getting more sleep... not 8 hours a night, but going to bed at a decent hour most nights, and feeling more rested in the morning.

I think I've been laughing, and living, and positive. I'm trying to make every moment count. Been trying to connect with others and get out of my shell.

I was reminded of my motto yesterday: "Go slow. Be God-struck. Grant grace. Live Truth. Give Thanks. Love well. Become the gift." - Ann Voskamp. I'm trying to do this.  And so far this year, His grace is sufficient... and I have no doubt it will continue to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment